The application and admission process for Romanian candidates consists of the following three steps.
Step 1. Submitting your application
Candidates must first submit their application at the Office of Admissions (Edgar Quinet St. 5-7). For full details about application procedures and the documents that your application must include, please visit the official websites of the FLLS and of the UB.
Applications normally include:
- your filled-in application form (which you can download or receive from the Office of Admissions)
- high school diploma (original or copy, the latter of which can be submitted only if the original is presented)
- B.A. diploma (original or copy, the latter of which can be submitted only if the original is presented)
- ID card or passport (copy)
- birth certificate (copy, but only if the original is presented)
- marriage certificate (copy, but only if the original is presented)
- a letter of good health
- 3 passport photos (3/4 cm)
- the application fee payment receipt–candidates must submit their application fee at the Cashier’s Office (Șoseaua Panduri, no. 90, 050663, Bucureşti)
Step 2. Introducing yourself
Candidates must submit the following documents on the online platform dedicated to MA admissions of the FLLS. These will be reviewed by the examination committee.
- a CV
- a letter of application
- 1 letter of recommendation
- 1 photo
Step 3. Interview
Candidates will be called for an interview. The interview will be held in English and its purpose is to test not only the candidate’s level of English, but also their understanding of cultural phenomena based on the admission bibliography. The selections included in the bibliography are listed on our website before the start of each application period. The bibliography can be requested by e-mail at any time, but physical copies of the books can also be found at the British Cultural Studies Centre.