Professor of English, Emerita
BA, University of Bucharest, 1970
PhD, University of Bucharest, 1984
Office hours: by appointment
BIO & PUBLICATIONS
Irina Pana is Professor Emerita at the University of Bucharest and between 1986 and 1996 she also taught at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. Her research interests include literatures in English, comparative literature, literary theory, translations and creative writing. She is a member of the Writers’ Union of Romania. She has published studies on baroque European poetry, Australian literature, translations from American and Australian poetry, as well as poetry and fiction in Romanian and English. She has co-edited cultural studies works and issues of The University of Bucharest Review and contributed articles and creative writing to various Romanian, American and Australian literary journals, as well as radio broadcasts for Radio Romania Cultural and Radio 3 ZZZ in Melbourne.
Books and edited volumes
- The Sense of America: Histories into Text. Rodica Mihaila si Irina Grigorescu Pana, ed,. Bucuresti: Editura Univers Enciclopedic, 2009.
- New/old Worlds. Spaces of Transition. Rodica Mihaila si Irina Grigorescu Pana, ed. Bucuresti: Editura Univers Enciclopedic, 2007.
- Our America. People, Places, Times. Rodica Mihaila si Irina Grigorescu Pana, ed. Bucuresti: Univers Enciclopedic, 2005.
- America in/from Romania. Essays in Cultural Dialogue. Rodica Mihaila si Irina Grigorescu Pana, ed. Bucuresti: Editura Univers Enciclopedic, 2003.
- Transatlantic Connections. Essays in Cultural Relocation. Rodica Mihaila si Irina Grigorescu Pana, ed. Bucuresti: Editura Integral, 2000.
- The Sphinx Demolished. Fictions of Exile in Australian Literature. Melbourne: Equator Publishers, 2000.
- The Tomis Complex: Exile and Eros in Australian Literature. Berna: Peter Lang Verlag, 1996.
- Baroc si alchimie. Modele simbolice de metamorfoza în lirica europeana din secolul al XVII-lea. Bucuresti: Editura Universitatii Bucuresti, 1995.